Sunday, May 3, 2009

Branding is not for cows...

ezra:

I've been reading two books at the same time about branding. If you haven't noticed in your own day to day life, branding is real important to businesses...it creates their identity. Think Gap or Wal-Mart...McDonald's or Native Sun...branding is crucial for these companies.

The second I decided to start my photography business, I knew I had to create a brand - this was even before I knew that every super successful photographer had a brand. A brand creates hope...or a lack of...hence, why it's even more important to create your own brand, b/c if you don't others will...and it won't be favorable...b/c we humans brand everything...it's something we do...it's how we make judgements...think about it.

Here's a few quotes that really stuck with me from the two books I'm reading...just wanted to share....

"Real marketers know that brand building is not about celebrating your own iconoclastic spirit..." - "Brand Warfare", written by David D'Alessandro

"Humility lets us absorb common sense and embrace the fact that what's in the customer's mind is far more important than what's in our mind..." - "Why can't Johnny Brand", Bill Schley

"Branding and positioning require decisive commitment to a single path, and that means risk. - "Why can't Johnny Brand", Bill Schley

The images I choose to you use on my blog are a part of my branding...hence, I'm careful in choosing what images go on the blog...you won't see me post a formal foto on my blog...that's not why people hire me...they want something a little bit more outside the box...I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment