Friday, June 26, 2009

freewiser resurrects...

Ok...I've been gone for so long that I almost forgot the password.  I was thinking about shutting down freewisers, but on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th thought I decided to try to keep it rolling...
The purpose of the freewiser blog is to document our experiences as an entreprenuer.  

So here we go.  As most of you know, as I have made mention before, I'm a Social Worker...and I currently work for Duval County Public Schools...this is my main source of income...and my unhappiness!  So as of August 1st, my main source of income will be photography.  Yup, I decided to cut the cord...but not because I'm booking enough gigs...or because my wife got a raise at her job and we can now afford to live off of her income (because if you know me well enough, my wife stays at home raising the little ones...I'm the only source of income...).  It's not because I was frugal enough to save 6 months worth of living costs...God no...I wish.  It's because I can't stand my job anymore...I am miserable at work...and in my field (Social Work) you can't afford to feel that way...too many people are depending on you.  So instead of making myself more miserable...and eventually letting that misery affect my clients, co-workers, and my health (which has already taken it's toll) I'm calling it quits...I'm walking away!  

And this is why FREEWISER has resurrected...to document this journey...to document the economic uncertainties...to document the fear of losing it all...to document triumph and relief...

So join along...and please root for me!

- freewiser ezra

2 comments:

  1. Go Ez, G-O!!!! I will ALWAYS root for you- I know without any shadow of a doubt what you are capable of and you WILL do this! Look out world...here he comes!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the article and I really liked it..
    Thanks for the great post..

    ReplyDelete